Powered By Blogger

Welcome to my blog

Thank you for following, i hope that everyone can gain something from this blog, and leave with valuable insite on parenting. Good, bad, or indifferent.



My children are Four (sister) and Two (brother)

Everyday feels like a new day, a new lesson. At the end of the day, as i lay in bed i think to my self what grade did i earn today...A,B,C,D...sometimes even F.

Every day i study these little people, maybe by the time they move out i will have aced this test.



Maybe not....









Tuesday, September 21, 2010

what to do......

My darling little man can not stay away from a 104 fever for more than three weeks.
i can almost mark the calendar expecting the next "episode" to occur.
For the past 4 months or so, we have visited the urgent care or their ped doc. Everytime a throat culture is taken and comes back negative. Got a referral to ENT doc, (ears, nose, throat) "yes, he has large tonsils, could be causing the reoccuring throat infections, they should probably be removed"
(sigh) put my son under the knife? it does not matter how routine, or "out patient" this procedure is....just that you want to take a scalpel to my sons throat.
I dont trust a baby sitter to watch my kids so we can have date night....and you want me to trust you with a knife at his throat????? AND i can not be there?

Obvously i say no.....not going to do it, how will he recover? kid barely eats anything when he is feeling well, now will i nourish him when he is in pain, and dont even get me started on pain medication.

When he is good, he is really good. but that every three - four weeks....its REALLY BAD.
i fear that we are just seconds from our 104 to become 105.....scary!!!

1 comment:

Jenn @ My Not So Glamorous Life said...

Sooooo scary! And a good friend of mine went through something similar with her little guy. Every 6 weeks, like clockwork, he'd get fever/vomiting. She hasn't mentioned it in several months soooo... maybe he outgrew it? I'm going to have to ask her.

I sure hope your sweet little guy and his beautiful mama can make it through ok. It's never easy to trust someone else with your child for something like that. I had a hard time too when my little man needed the tubes in his ears. But it did end up being worth it.

Best wishes that you all figure something out!

Love you guys!