Powered By Blogger

Welcome to my blog

Thank you for following, i hope that everyone can gain something from this blog, and leave with valuable insite on parenting. Good, bad, or indifferent.



My children are Four (sister) and Two (brother)

Everyday feels like a new day, a new lesson. At the end of the day, as i lay in bed i think to my self what grade did i earn today...A,B,C,D...sometimes even F.

Every day i study these little people, maybe by the time they move out i will have aced this test.



Maybe not....









Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Letting go.........even just a little.

Had great success at sister's t-ball game this saturday. Whew, she really likes it, we had made a promise to her that if she played the whole game, we would take her out for frozen yogurt. I would like to believe that she is the child i can bribe with anything, but unfortunately that is not at all it.

We arrive to the game, early as usual, and my princess prepares to warm up.
That, in itself, needed much convincing,(oh great, this is going to be another bad game) but she got out there and warmed up with the rest of the team.
Team mom tells me that they are going to have to kick me out of the dugout (obviously, to keep sister focused on the game and not me) I reply with "i know, I think it is what she needs"

What?

What am I thinking? And Who is she to kick me out of the dugout? I'm in there helping! Motivating the girls, making sure that they are in their proper lineup, and ready for their at bat.....and you are kicking me out?

As most of you moms are reading and thinking........you are right! And so was she! It worked, and sister played the entire game, with only two distractions. Those of which team mom handled flawlessly! Thank god for her......sister loves playing, and commits to every game since.
We probably would have quit it weren't for our team mom. Looks like I need to study harder for this type of exam.....I'd say I earned myself a D- on this one. Better luck next time mom.

1 comment:

Jenn @ My Not So Glamorous Life said...

LOL! I doubt the parents on my teams thank God for me as the team mom... I'm mean, haha ;)